Donate to Zufall Health Center

For twenty-five years, Zufall Health has been here for patients who may be unemployed or underemployed, have little or no insurance coverage, or cannot afford medical care. Over 26,000 patients are served at our headquarters site in Dover as well as medical and/or dental offices in Morristown, Hackettstown, Flemington, Somerville, West Orange, and on our Highlands Health Van which extends our reach into Sussex, Warren, and Hunterdon counties.

Zufall patients are among the neediest in the state. Currently, 57 percent are uninsured, with most of the remaining 43 percent on Medicaid, NJ Family Care, or Medicare. Over 90 percent have incomes below 200 percent of the federal poverty level. With patient visits up 25 percent from last year, we are finding it increasingly challenging to accommodate and care for all the men, women, and children who seek our services.

Your gift will make a healthy difference helping people in your own community.

Read on to discover the many ways you can support Zufall Health through a donation.

Online Gifts

Making a donation through our secure server is fast and easy – just click here. When we receive your donation, we will send you an acknowledgement in the mail for tax purposes.  Thank you for your support!

Mail or Phone Gifts

Mail a check or money order (payable to Zufall Health) to:

Development Department
Zufall Health Center
71 Fourth Street
Somerville, NJ 08876

Or call 908-526-2335 ext. 123 to donate with a VISA or MasterCard.

Matching Gifts

Many companies support charities through Matching Gift Programs. You may be able to  double or triple your gift to Zufall Health by contacting your Human Resources Office (or your spouse’s) and requesting a matching gift form.

In-Kind Gifts or Services

Gifts of goods and services are just as welcome as monetary gifts. If you have an item or service to donate, please call 908-526-2335 ext. 134 to consult about its suitability.

Good as New Resale Shop

Good As New is Zufall Health’s nonprofit resale shop. Shop sales benefit the center’s comprehensive services and programs.
We can accept donations of new and gently used clothing, furniture, blankets, towels, shoes, lamps, bedding, drapes, collectables, antiques, art, linens, jewelry, rugs, and small appliances in original packaging. We reserve the right to refuse items that do not meet our needs.
We do not accept mattresses/box springs, car seats, tube TVs, appliances that contain Freon, books, exercise equipment, sleeper sofas, or cribs.
Item donations can be made on Thursdays ONLY from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Items should be dropped off at the shop located at 136 East Main Street in Somerville. For more information, contact Christine Bonney at 908-526-2335 ext. 134 or visit the Good As New webpage,

American Express

Donate online to Zufall Health Center through the American Express Donation Site with your American Express Card. You can earn one  Membership Rewards point for each dollar you donate when you use an eligible, enrolled card. You’ll also receive an email receipt for your records. It’s easy and more “rewarding.”  Click here for more details.

Gifts of Stocks

In addition to receiving a charitable deduction for the full market value of a gift of stock, the donor avoids paying tax on the capital gains. For more information on how to contribute securities, contact Christine Bonney at or call 908-526-2335, ext. 134.

Planned Giving

There are several types of planned giving which would allow you to make donations to Zufall Health while generating tax or estate benefits:

  • Appreciated Assets: Gifts of assets that have increased in value (e.g. stocks and real estate) may allow you to save on both income and capital gains taxes.
  • Charitable Trusts: with amounts over $100,000, two types of larger gift trusts — Lead and Remainder — offer tax and estate planning advantages.
  • Gift Annuities: Purchasing these allows you to provide for your and/or your family’s future while making a significant gift to Zufall Health. Other benefits include stability (not subject to market fluctuation), variety (cash, appreciated stock,or other assets), and tax deductions.
  • Bequests: You can include Zufall Health in your will as either a specific bequest or as last contingent beneficiary. This is the simplest planned gift, but might also have positive estate ramifications.

For more information on how to contribute through planned giving, please email Christine Bonney at or call 908-526-2335, ext. 134.